The Club's 1907 Ford Model N Project
maintained by Nanaimo Chapter, Vintage Car Club of Canada
The original owner was Matt Hutchinson, who was a city industrial electrician in Victoria, BC.
The car was believed to have been used as a service vehicle
for many commercial buildings including the Empress of Victoria Hotel and the Legislature Buildings.
About 1916, Bert Foster of Foster's Boat Yard purchased the "N" and kept it for about 20 years.
G.E. Welburn acquired the car and did a restoration about 1962. Possibly it was then donated
It is believed that some minor restoration was done with assistance of G. E. Welburn and Jimmy Blackstaff
The Nanaimo Chapter, VCCC, acquired the car and now maintain possession at their clubhouse.
The history was compiled from notes given by Ron Koslow and Ron Irving.
The Club has recently removed the engine for a rebuild in order to have the car once again operable
Learn about the history and workings of a restored 1906 Ford Model N